Friday, March 22, 2013

THE SUPREMES at EARL'S ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT by EDWARD KELSEY MOORE

 I woke up hot that morning. Came out of a sound sleep with my face tingling and my nightgown stuck to my body. Third time that week. The clock on the dresser on the other side of the bedroom glowed 4:45, and I could hear the his of the air conditioner and feel its breeze across my face. "
"The door to Adam's room drew her to it as surely as if it had stretched out a pair of arms and pulled her into its embrace. She opened the door and stared into the room at the familiar low shelves crammed with out-of-date toys, the small desk strewn with faded crayon drawings, the miniature chair with a pale green sweater slung over it as if its owner might dash into the room at any second to retrieve it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.