Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Teaser Tuesday

http://www.shouldbereading.wordpress.com

"I scanned his books in search of something I might know. The books themselves were lovely things to look at, bound in half calf leather so thae scent of them  along enhanced the beauty of the room. Some had their titles stamped in gilded printing on the spine, and curious, I picked out a copy of Jonathan Swift's poems, so recently printed that I could still smell the sharp scent of fresh ink on the pages. As I read the satirical lines I was struck by the strange realization that Jonathan Swift was alive right now somewhere and walking around, maybe forming ideas for Gulliver's Travels, a book that he hadn't yet written."

2 comments:

  1. Sounds to be beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a lot of people who love Kearsley's writing. I bet this book is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.