Tuesday, April 8, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph

"I can hear the air going in and out of my brother's nose. I am awake. He is two years old and almost three and he bugs me lots of times because I am five years old and soon I will be six but it is warm sleeping next to him. I call him Stick. He always falls asleep before me and I listen to the air of his nose. I can hear my parents' voices. They are farther away than I can reach and whispering because they think I can't hear. I let out a squeak to let Momma know I am awake and she says "We're right here" from too far away. I squeak again and the tent zipper undoes and I can see the sky in the crack. Her cool hand brushes my hair back and her fingers touch my cheek. "Shh, Anna," she says and the sky zips away again. When I am inside a tent the outside is far away."http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. I've been seeing The Bear all around the blogging world lately. Thanks for sharing. I might just look for it at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the beginning, I'd read on. Enjoy your book. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. The writing sounds good. I think I know the plot though and it would be too heartbreaking for me. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also seen this book around a lot lately…people seem to love it, but I keep thinking it's not for me.

    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/nonfiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-flash-boys-michael-lewis/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting start...I'm not sure it's a genre I'd like but I would give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not often that the narrator is so young...I'd read on a bit more to see where the story is going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this one, but based on the opening, I think I'd keep reading.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one is new to me, but I like the narrator's voice. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me too, I've heard a lot about this book and I keep thinking to get it, sounds like a great read.My post is here

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it interesting that the narrator is only five years old. I liked to read a bit more from this little girl before I decide whether to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an intro!! I would definitely pick it up....

    Here is my intro post from Perla!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Tea....great intro --great story as well enjoy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.