Tuesday, April 29, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph

"
"Leah Raber sank wearily onto the porch swing, causing the chains to jangle. She leaned her head back, closed her eyes, and imagined herself free-her skirt and apron flung carelessly over the branches of a prickly mulberry, her legs running to the pond, her hair blowing behind her as she leapt into cool, deep waters. She could almost feel the splash as she plunged into the secret world of water and swam among the fronds of the dark pond bottom, the silky liquid sliding against her arms and legs as her feet kicked out, over and over."

8 comments:

  1. I would read a bit more to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the imagery the author's words create in my mind. I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would need a bit more info…can't tell enough by the opener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the intro/teaser. I would pick it up!

    Here is my intro/teaser post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd need to read a little more before deciding... probably a summary, too. I hope you're enjoying this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the beginning paragraph. I'd keep reading. I'm also intrigued by the title and cover page. I hope the book is a good read for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tea, like the intro, but would need a bit more before making a decision --hope u enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.