Tuesday, April 15, 2014

First Chapter First Paragraph


"Most of the time he just looked down at his boots, counting each dogged step as he paced, becoming more rugged, with unexpected outcrops of sharp rock, and cambers on the scrubland that could easily dislodge his footing or twist an ankle. The straps on his rucksack were starting to chafe his shoulders through his cotton T-shirt, and he could feel a sticky trickle of sweat coursing down his back, even though he'd stripped off his jacket and tied it round his waist a mile down the hill. The sun rose steadily in the sky towards the height of the day."http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com

14 comments:

  1. Hhmm, not quite sure how I'm feeling about this one. The paragraph sounds grown up, yet the cover looks almost childish! I do wonder where he is going!
    Thanks for sharing :) Hope you have a good weekend!

    My First Chapter, First Paragraph & Teaser
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I would definitely go on reading......

    Here is my intro post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover! Not sure about the book though. Hope you enjoy!
    Today I am spot lighting The Unfinished Child by Theresa Shea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder where he's going and why. Think I'd need to read a little more before deciding...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It didn't quite grab me but hopefully it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would need to read a bit more to decide.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do feel drawn in by the descriptions...thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “THE BOOKSTORE”

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the imagery the author has created with her words. I can feel myself walking in the heat of the sun . . . I would keep reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the beginning, I'd keep reading just to see where he is headed. thanks for stopping by. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is great beginning, Gets me wondering where he is going and why?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I would need more info before deciding.

    Here's Mine: http://www.sarahsbookshelves.com/fiction/first-chapter-first-paragraph-tuesday-intros-frog-music-emma-donoghue/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to know more with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think this one is for me by the intro, but hope u love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a little curious so I'd read a bit more before deciding.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment.