Friday, October 18, 2013

Weekend Cooking

"Aunt Clara began rolling the crust with smooth, even strokes after lightly flouring the rolling pin so the crust couldn't stick to it. You'll roll this until it's about one eighth inch to one-quarter inch thick. Use short strokes with the rolling pin, from the center of the dough to the edge."

"I like the marble better when I need to get things done. I like the feel of the wood better at home when I can take my time."

 I had fun looking at the different rolling pins online. Never realized there were so many kinds of rolling pins. I have the typical wooden rolling pin with red wooden handles. It's lasted forever. I don't know if rolling pins wear out for some reason. I have rolled dough with a soda bottle which is utterly rediculous. I also didn't know there were so many different types of rolling pin racks. I think those are very cute. I picked the blue glass rolling pin because of that cobalt blue color which might make the rolling pin cost more money. I also like the design of a ship on the rolling pin. Don't know if this rolling pin is an antique. Here is a photo of a marble rolling pin.
I wonder which type rolling pin makes the best crust, etc. bethfishreads.com/2013/10/weekend-cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.