Monday, August 5, 2013

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

bookjourney
I finished Children of The Tipi by Michael Oren Fitzgerald. Although for a younger reader, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a chance to learn the values of different American tribes. The book is from NetGalley.
I also finished Too Important to Fail by Tavis Smiley. It's about the problems and solutions in the educational systems for the Black male in our society today.
Now I am reading Lady in Black by Christina Dodd. I am enjoying it. It's been a long time since I've read Christina Dodd. Whenever I read her in the past, I had a wonderful experience. In this one the butler is a lady. She is working with the grandfather and son of the household. The grandfather has suffered a stroke. Meanwhile, there are kidnapping letters coming in the mail. Threatening  to do harm to the grandfather whether he's in a wheel chair or not. The letters are awful. I can't imagine who is sending these notes.

Next I want to read The Incense Game by Laura Joh Rowland. It starts off with a bang. I hated to put it down to read Lady in Black. Anyway, it's in Japan. The story begins with a horrible earthquake. While reading, I literally felt that my body was shaking. That's how real the author paints the picture. Also, want to read Harriet Tubman's 30 Lessons in Leadership and Love and Legacy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment.